Skip to main content

An Introduction

I'd like to think I'm a creative person.  As a mom, I feel like that can really be zapped from me.  Especially when the kids were younger.  I just didn't have the energy to be crafty or artistic.  Who wants to get all kinds of fancy crafting equipment out with a toddler running loose?! As a young married couple I just didn't have the money to spend on fancy crafting equipment either!  I remember being invited to my first stamping even with my upline and thinking, ' I can't do this right now' or 'I hate these kinds of things where I feel pressure to buy something' but, turns out it was almost the perfect timing to showing me that I could be crafty again.

My youngest son had just turned 4 and my husband an I had some extra income 10 years married. I went to this workshop and learned how to ease back into my creative place. That, even if it's not completely original, it's still creative.  It's still theraputic too! Stampin' Up gave me the tools to get create again.  They make it fun and easy. I got to socialize with other like minded women and learn that,  'YES!' I can be crafty and make beautiful things that friends, family and loved onese would be happy to get in the mail!

Since that time about 4 years ago, stamping has been more than just a creative outlet for me.  About a year ago I made a new years resolution to make and send my family and friends a Birthday card.  That went over so well.  I had people sending me messages and thanking me for the lovely card they received.  Some were just excited to get something in the mail for their birthday again. Something as simple as a card really made a difference to them. 

I didn't want to stop just there. So, I went on to make all my Christmas cards.  I started sending out Anniversary, Valentine, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, and more. I think it's made a difference in the life of the recipients but it's made a huge difference in mine. I'm able to create something and give it to someone else.  While going to wine and painting parties is fun,  I figure that, one only has so much room on their walls for their own creations.  I don't ever have to run out of room when it comes to sharing my art and a small peice of my heart.  The more kindness and love I share through card making, the more that I seem to possess in other avenues of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ribbon of Courage & Artfully Aware

These sets are a classic addition to any crafters collection. The new Artfully Aware stamp set coordinates and complements the Support Ribbon Framelits and Ribbon of Courage set available in the Annual Catalog. Fun Fact: Ribbon of Courage was created by a  Demonstrator. 

Small Business Saturday Promotions

Looking for a great crafty gift for a friend?  This is a great time to take advantage of SU! Extravaganza sale. 10% of 48 hour sales. Also don't forget my promotions going on until December 11th, 2018.  Free shipping/shipping reimbursement on all orders and 100%  of my commission goes to my sister and her husband who were victims of the Paradise, CA Campfire. Shop Here November Hostess Code: 6WEU9J3X In my shop you'll find everything you'll need to make the perfect hand made project & to make it pretty effortlessly.  All the products sold are color coordinated so it's easy to put together something perfectly unique.  Taking out the guess work and hours or roaming through a craft store or on Pinterest. Have more questions on how to shop or what to order? Contact me here

Are you my Customer yet?

It's here! I love to spoil my customers.  Just one of the perks is, every month my customers get a card they can send to someone they love. Some people think Christmas is the most wonderful time of year...….not me.  Stampin' Ups! Sale-O-Brations is my absolute favorite time of year.  The fun part is this year, I'm a demonstrator so, I'm able to enjoy all the products and special incentives earlier! WOOHOO. The paper, ribbon and stamp set can be FREE.  If you want them, they can't be purchased! Can you believe? This makes these a hot commodity. If you're my customer, you'll also be receiving both the Sale-O-Brations catalog and Occassions catalog in the mail this month. Botanical Butterfly DSP Free Calypso Coral Cardstock $8.50 Clear Block Bundle $71.50 Daffodil Delight Cardstock $8.50 Night of Navy Cardstock $8.50 Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack Free Layering Ovals Framelits Dies $35 Paper Snips $10 ...